Saturday, September 24, 2011

So, here's my first blog.  I've always thought of doing one, but just never got started.  Then I ran across this Blogger website, and figured what the heck.  Why not give it a try?  This blog will mostly be random things that pop in my mind.  It could be personal, public, political, religious, secular, whatever.  I'm just going to use it as an outlet to vent, or as Dennis Miller used to say back when he had his HBO show (which I miss!!!!). . . . "I don't mean to get off on a rant here, but. . . . "

I just see this as a good outlet to get my thoughts out there on whatever's bothering me at any particular time.  The world we live in seems to get more complex each and every day.  What used to be small communities of people has truly turned into a world-wide situation.  Something can happen on the other side of the world, and the entire world will know about it in minutes.  That's something that used to take days when I was a child.  It seems as though the butterfly's wings have gotten bigger and the effect is faster and more drastic than it has ever been.  Technology is great, but there is a fine line between us controling it and it controlling us.

So, check in from time-to-time if you like what I have to say.  Or, it you totally disagree with something I post, I invite you to calmly and peacefully post a rebutal.  I love listening to opposing opinions, and I'm perfectly fine to agree to disagree.  That doesn't mean I think that those that disagree with me are stupid, wrong, or insane; it just means that I've learned another point of view and increased my own knowledge.  Don't get me wrong.  I have opinions, beliefs, morals, and thoughts.  What I don't have is a closed mind that mine are the only ones out there and that those parts of life are absolutes.  There are billions of people on this planet.  How can one person or one group of people be so arogant as to think their view(s) are the absolute truths?  Symantics come into play in many of these and some beliefs that people think are opposing can actually be related in some way or another.

Just remember, live your live with an open mind, but don't open your mind so much that your brains completely fall out.

No comments:

Post a Comment